40 Hour HAZWOPER Training Online
Completed entirely online. This online version of the 40 Hour HAZWOPER course can work for ALL STUDENTS if followed up with on-site, site-specific equipment training.
What is 40 Hour HAZWOPER Training Online?
Before you can enter or start work on an uncontrolled hazardous waste operation, you need to learn how to stay safe while handling dangerous chemicals.
Our comprehensive 40-Hour HAZWOPER course reviews a variety of topics that relate to Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER), including site characterization, hazardous chemicals, radiation hazards, personal protective equipment (PPE), and decontamination methods.
Additionally, our 40 Hour HAZWOPER training teaches you about best practices for safely handling and responding to emergencies that involve hazardous waste. Plus, you'll increase your knowledge about OSHA’s 29 CFR 1910.120(e)(3) standards.
The training also includes a module that reviews the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS) so that you're compliant with OSHA's 2013 updates to the Hazardous Communication Standard.
Who Needs HAZWOPER 40-Hour Training Online?
Our 40-Hour HAZWOPER online training is ideal if you are exposed (or potentially exposed) to hazardous waste and substances at work. Particularly, the training is a must if you're an emergency responder or you clean, store, dispose, or treat hazardous materials.
- Labels and SDS
- Regulation Overview
- Site Characterization
- Hazard Recognition
- Hazardous Chemical Awareness
- Radiological Hazards
- Respiratory Protection
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Site Control
- Medical Surveillance
- Air Monitoring
- Confined Spaces
- Emergency Procedures
- Material Sampling
- Safe Work Practices
- Personal Sampling
- Fire Protection
- Introduction to Bloodborne Pathogens
- Bloodborne Pathogens: Control and Compliance
- Bloodborne Pathogens: Understanding Hepatitis B
- Bloodborne Pathogens: Revisions and Additions to OSHA Standards
How Does Taking HAZWOPER Training Online Work?
All of our online HAZWOPER training courses can be taken from the convenience of your home. Not only do our courses allow you to fulfill HAZWOPER requirements at home, but they are also self-paced, meaning they can be completed whenever you want within a year of your purchase.
Who Needs 40-Hour HAZWOPER Online Training?
The 40-hour course is the initial training for workers with the highest risk under HAZWOPER standards. Workers need the 40-hour HAZWOPER initial training if they'll:
- Work with and clean up hazardous materials regularly
- Be involved in the storage and treatment of hazardous substances
- Have exposure at or above PELs
- Work in environments where they need respirators and other PPEs for more than 30 days a year
- Supervise employees who do any of the above
Additionally, no matter which course you take—40-Hour or 24-Hour, you will still need to complete the 8-Hour HAZWOPER course every year.
Do I Still Need On-Site Training?
Yes. OSHA is very clear that initial HAZWOPER 40 training can’t be handled entirely online.
Your employer has to supplement this course with:
- Supervised Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) practice with the respirators and full protective gear.
- Site-specific training to familiarize you with the protocols specific to your duties and employer.
- Three (3) full days of directly supervised fieldwork. The lessons above MUST be separate from supervised fieldwork.
Does This Course Cover the New GHS Communication Standards?
Yes. At the beginning of the course, there is a section devoted to the 2013 the Hazard Communication Standard (HCS) changes to align with the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of chemicals (GHS), which is the universal approach to classifying chemicals and communication of hazard information through labels on chemicals and Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
When Does My Course Expire?
Your course will expire one (1) year after you purchase it (the date you submit payment) unless the course itself indicates otherwise.
How Quickly Will I Get My Certificate of Completion?
Once you finish your course and pass any required exams, you can print your certificate of completion right away.
What Can I Do If I Lose My Certificate?
If you lose your certificate of completion and need a new one, you can contact customer service at (877) 881-2235 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What If I Need a Refund for My Training Course?
If for some reason you are not happy and would like a refund, send us a request within 72 hours of purchase. Here are the eligibility requirements you must meet:
- Your purchase was made no more than 72 hours prior to your refund request.
- You have NOT
- Attempted any portion of a test or exam.
- Requested or been issued a certificate of completion.
- Completed 50% or more of the purchased course.
If you meet all of these criteria, submit your refund request in writing via email to email@example.com with a proof-of-purchase receipt and an explanation for why you are requesting a refund.
You can find more information about our refund policy here.